What my favorite thing about ColourPop is? They listen. It’s been asked many times of them to turn certain shades into different formulas, and what did they do? They did it! They turned 8 of their FAVORITE Ultra Matte Lips to the comfy, cozy, and flawless formula of Matte X Lippie Stix (and matching lipliners ~ they have the same name as the Ultra Matte Lip shades). They were a little sneaky about it – they asked through a poll – asking which of the 8 Ultra Matte Lips should be turned to Matte X. I voted Bumble.
ColourPop followed through about 2 days later – in true ColourPop fashion – and released ALL of them! This sure made this lipstick junkie happy. I love the Matte X formula, so I had to have them all.
The 8 colors released were:
– ColourPop Nixed (Inspired by Notion Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Mirror Mirror (Inspired by Bad Habit Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Goal Digger (Inspired by Bumble Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Sauce (Inspired by Viper Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Secret Stash (Inspired by Love Bug Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Party Foul (Inspired by Are N Be Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Crack Me Up (Inspired by Beeper Ultra Matte Lip)
– ColourPop Kapish (Inspired by Wild Nothing Ultra Matte Lip)
L-R: Kapish, Secret Stash, Crack Me Up, and Goal Digger
Kapish | Wild Nothing
Secret Stash | Love Bug
Crack Me Up | Beeper
Goal Digger | Bumble
And, then we have…
L-R: Nixed, Mirror Mirror, Sauce, and Party Foul
Nixed | Notion
Mirror Mirror | Bad Habit
Sauce | Viper
Party Foul | Are & Be
Out of the ColourPop lipsticks, my favorite formula has to be the Matte X because it goes on smoothly and without ANY hiccups. My lips are NOT even primed with chapstick in these photos, so you can see how forgiving and buttery they really are. When you apply them, the formula is so weightless and the slip is perfection. Since the formula is SO weightless, you hardly feel it on your lips throughout the day, and the wear is fantastic. These are NOT transfer-proof by any means, BUT I have kissed my little on the cheek wearing these and only a faint outline of my lip transferred on to him (much to his chagrin). As you wear these, they fade mostly in the middle, and of course, food and drink breaks them down the most.
Which one is YOUR favorite?
Purchased by me. All opinions are honest and my own.