This year went by in such a flash! I feel like I blinked, and we were at the end of the year. Every year, I like to sit and reflect an important thing: the Earth has taken an entire year to make its journey around the Sun. What a quaint thought it is! Another thing I like to sit and reflect upon is what I used most often throughout the year.
So, let’s talk about A Few of My Favorite Things!
These are in no particular order.
1. Zoya MatteVelvets – I absolutely adored that Zoya brought these back! They are absolutely gorgeous, and if I really had to choose which one was my favorite, it was a terribly difficult question to answer, so I say ALL.OF.THEM.
2. Yes to Cucumbers Makeup Remover Wipes – When I went to the Gluten/Allergen Free Expo, this year, I spent most of my day with Red Apple Lipstick (definitely makes my favorite’s list! Read on.). They had these makeup remover wipes at their booth, and I fell in love with these, and immediately started using them. Best decision ever. This is probably my 20th one this year alone. Yup, that’s how many swatches I do, folks.
3. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Lime – Not only was I OBSESSED with the Coconut Lime scent this year, I absolutely adored this sugar scrub! I usually pick one up along with my groceries, and it keeps my skin from getting all dry in the Winter, and even the Summer months.
4. Laura Ashley Body Butter in Coconut Lime – Thanks to Beauty Box 5 for introducing me to this body butter, this is beyond my favorite. It smells wonderful and is a perfect pairing after using the Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub above.
5. Teadora Lip Butter in Rainforest at Dusk – Chocolate. Coffee. Berries. That should say enough, but this lip butter exfoliates and keeps my lips soft. I apply at night, and my lips are refreshed. #lipjunkieMUSTHAVE
6. SmartFX SmartBrow in Brunette – I really tried to keep up with my eyebrow game this year, but I am not an expert yet. Still learning! SmartBrow really helped me with this. I’m actually almost finished with it, and ready to purchase another! Here’s to keeping eyebrows on point all through 2015 and beyond!
7. Redken Color Rebel Temporary Hair Color – This was my jam this year (well, from October on…). I am not a fan of permanently dying my hair because I get bored easily, so these were a godsend. I enjoyed adding funky highlights to my hair and can’t wait to play with these some more in 2015. Hopefully more colors are on their way!!
8. Miss Jessie’s Quick Curls – When they say, “The Best Darn Curl Cremes Period.”, they are NOT kidding. This stuff is amazing! THIS and a diffuser, and you’ve got gorgeous curls.
9. Brown/Neutral Lipsticks! – I don’t know what it was, but I was all about brown lipsticks. I guess I was really feeling 1990’s. But, here are a few of my favorites. No surprise, most are MACs.
MAC Double Shot:
Maybelline Touch of Spice:
10. L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner – This is my FAVORITE! FAVORITE! FAVORITE! eyeliner for my waterline. It lasts well and is SO easy to apply even with the intimidating tip. Also, it is the CLOSEST to Indian kaajal I’ve seen!
11. L’Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask – This is probably my 5th or 6th jar this year. I have been using this at least 1 – 4 times a month. It’s definitely kept my hair’s moisture. I love how it makes my hair feel and my hair has definitely never been healthier!
12. Liquid Lipsticks – I seriously almost got rid of all my bullets, but I’m too much of a lip junkie. For any event or even any date night, I chose to wear a liquid lipstick. Why? Food or drink does not wear it down. It’s so super amazing! See below for a few lip swatches of my favorites! (Radiant Orchid – another favorite!)
13. L.A. Colors Nail Polish Remover Pads Strawberry Scented – I have bought a gazillion of these in Strawberry and Peach (which funny enough, I didn’t grab last time at all). I don’t even dare to count because I don’t use nail polish remover (liquid) anymore at all. These are so convenient! They also moisturize your cuticles, don’t leave ANYTHING behind, and smell wonderful!
14. Glisten & Glow Cran I Have Seconds Please? – Absolute favorite Indie! I can’t get ENOUGH of this nail polish!! I am sure you can see why! 😉
15. Smitten Polish Seasonal Lattes – This ties with Glisten & Glow Cran I Have Seconds? I guess I really liked browns all around this year!
16. Geek Chic Shoes and Accessories Comic Book Headband – This Wonder Woman headband is my absolute favorite accessory this year! Created by blogger, Danielle of Princess Polish, you should definitely check her store out for your inner geek goods!
17. And, last but not least, these were VERY important for me this year. I think I will ONLY use these for my foundation because they just WORK for me. Favorite!! Almay CC Cream in Medium and IT Cosmetics in Rich.
So, these were just a few of my favorite things in 2014!
I wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and much health, love, happiness, and prosperity in 2015 and beyond! Thank you all for following Taneja’s Bride. Lots of hugs to you! 🙂