* Disclaimer: No animals were harmed in writing and photographing this review! *
I love nail art, and I *CAN* draw with pencil, paper and similar mediums, but when it comes to painting, my hand is not steady! So, I like nail shields, stickers, and the sorts for times like these. I was super excited to try this, and I have some sitting at home, but I finally got the courage to do it, and this is how it went.
I have to admit that when it comes to nail shields and stickers, I get really intimidated, so I was a little curious to how my experience would be with these, and I was pleasantly surprised!
When I read the directions that come with the Jamberry Nails, I shivered a bit at the daunting list, but to be honest, it was as simple as this:
- Prep your nails with alcohol and remove all oil.
- Use a buffer to roughen up the surface of your nails.
- Check to see what shield goes with which nail and remove gently.
- Use heat (blowdryer) to activate and soften the shield. Be careful and do not burn your fingers in the process!!
- Place it carefully on your nails and cut edges. Save the leftovers for another time!
- Once you’ve placed it on your nail, heat again, watch your fingers – don’t burn them!!
- And, press tightly and seal the edges for a good fit!
- Cool down before trying to file off rough edges otherwise the entire nail shield will shift.
- Use a top coat of your choice to give it a sheen and for it to last long!
- To remove, use heat again and gently pull it off! No remover necessary unless you have some stickiness leftover!
So, there you have it. It’s just that simple.
It was actually not as nerve-racking as it appears, and if I can do it, you can, too! They have so many amazing designs that it is super duper fun! I really am looking forward to trying some really exciting designs!
What’s awesome is they last up to 2 weeks on your fingernails and 6 weeks on your toes! These will be good for those times where I just want a long-term look! And, anyways, good for parties, special occasions, and times where I want a bold look!
* The product sample was provided to me for review. All opinions are honest and my own. *