If you need to introduce MORE green vegetables into your diet, a fun, light, DELICIOUS snack/side like Zucchini Fries is a fabulous and tasty way! These crispy and healthy zucchini fries require NO oil whatsoever and you should be able to find alternative ingredients at home.
In order to create an Indian-style dredging station, all you really need to do is add spices into your breadcrumbs and into your gram flour (chickpea flour). Again, if you don’t have this any type of flour will work! Spices you can add are salt, garam masala, coriander powder, haldi (turmeric), and paprika. In your breadcrumbs, you can add dried cilantro leaves instead of basil, but if you have a pre-seasoned breadcrumbs, go ahead and use those! To bind the breadcrumbs, you’ll need to use egg white.
To coat your zucchini coins, you roll it in the gram flour, then into the egg white, and finally into the breadcrumbs. If you want them doubly crispy, then roll in the gram flour, then into the egg white, back into the gram flour, back into the egg white, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
Place them flat on a baking sheet and bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until brown.
Enjoy your crispy and healthy GREEN fries!
- 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala (or All-Spice)
- 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Haldi (Turmeric)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg White per Zucchini
- Gram Flour
- In separate bowls, pour in gram flour, breadcrumbs, and egg white.
- Into the gram flour and breadcrumbs, add spices and stir.
- Slice zucchini into coins or sticks.
- Dredge into gram flour.
- Then into egg white.
- Roll on bread crumbs coating well.
- Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until brown.
- Instead of gram flour, feel free to use flour of your choice.
- Breadcrumbs can be pre-seasoned or you can season yourself.
- Use full egg instead of egg white if you'd like.